Google has streamlined the auditing of sites which have cleaned up or addressed malware concerns, after those sites were labeled by Google Search or via a Webmaster Tools message that such sites were affected by, or distribute malware.
Once a site has cleaned up its act, it can then submit a request for an audit from the Google Webmaster Tools team. By following these simple steps, the malware label can be lifted from a site within a 24 hour period.
- View a sample of the dangerous URLs on your site in Webmaster Tools.
- Make any necessary changes to your site according to StopBadware.org’s Security tips.
- New: Request a malware review from Google and we’ll evaluate your site.
- New: Check the status of your review.
- If we feel the site is still harmful, we’ll provide an updated list of remaining dangerous URLs
- If we’ve determined the site to be clean, you can expect removal of malware messages in the near future (usually within 24 hours).
More info: Google Webmaster Central Blog.
Google, Google Webmaster Tools, Malwares, New Features, Web Analytics