GWT 1.3 stable released today with just few bug fixes, the first open source release of GWT as previously announced. Bruce Johnson, Tech Lead, pointed in the GWT blog to plans of the next GWT 1.4 which include:
- Introducing more widgets/libraries such RichText, CollapsiblePanel, Widgets in Tabs, Splitter, ClippedImage, SuggestBox…
- Development/Deployment: True JS output, benchmarking subsystem integrated into JUnit, Simplified external script inclusion..
- Performance: simple inclining, additional low-hanging-fruit dead code elimination, peephole JS output optimizations, Optimized bootstrap, with simplified host page inclusion mechanism …
- Fixes: Hosted mode Linux crash, redundant image loading in IE..
There are also some tools and resources to use with GWT:
- GWT Designer, and now announced a new Linux-compatible version.
- Google Web Toolkit Solutions: Cool & Useful Stuff Book by David Geary
Google, Google Web Toolkit