- Google now shows “real-time search” content from across the web, including sites like: Facebook, MySpace, FriendFeed, Jaiku, Identi.ca, Twitter, news and blog posts. Click on “Latest results” or select “Latest” from search options menu to view a full page of live web content scrolling right on Google. You can filter to see only “Updates”. Latest results and new search options are also designed for iPhone and Android devices when you need them on go.
- “hot topics” on Google Trends show most common topics people’re publishing to web in real-time. With this improvement and a series of other interface enhancements, Google Trends is graduating from Labs.
- On mobile search, beyond text, you can now search by a number of new modes including ‘Search by Voice, Search by Location and Search by Sight,’ all from a mobile device.
- Google is also extending voice search capabilities on Android devices to recognize Japanese.
- “what’s nearby” for Google Maps on Android 1.6+ devices, lets you find local businesses near where you are. Available for Google Maps for Android on versions 1.6 or higher. In coming weeks, browsing to google.com on iPhone or Android phone and then clicking “Near me now” will give you the same option. More info Mobile blog
Get Latest News
Subscribe to Digital News Hub
Get our daily newsletter about the latest news in the industry.