Chrome Web team released “The Video Player Sample!,” an open source video player web app that let user choose to watch a single video or create a playlist of videos/episodes from a list that they have uploaded and populated to the app.
The Video Player Sample is configured and information about the videos is stored in JSON files (config.json and data.json respectively), both of which are located in the data directory.
In addition to working as an app that can be installed through the Chrome Web Store, the Video Player Web App has been tested and works in all of the modern browsers. And, it can also be customized, extended, or just used out of the box and populated with your own content.
Key features of the app includes:
- “Video watching in a full screen view
- Ability to subscribe to shows, watch episodes, create play lists
- Supports multiple video formats including WebM, Ogg, MP4, and even a Flash fallback
- Categories page with an overview of the different shows/categories available in the app
- Notifications of new episodes (when the app is installed via the Chrome Web Store)
- Built in support for sharing to Google+, Twitter and Facebook
- To ensure easy customization, all source files, including the Photoshop PSD’s, are included,” Google revealed.