First launched in 2016, the site speed tool is now rebuilding to help in creating a better mobile experience, Google announced Monday.
Test My Site, the tool allows site owners to test the speed of their mobile site or pages, and take action based on the recommendations.
The mobile site speed test tool is now a top-to-bottom rebuild with more features and insights.
With today’s update, Google Test My Site now helps users with:
- Measure the speed of both the entire site and of individual pages.
- Check whether the site or page speed is faster or slower compared to the previous month.
- Find out if the site speed or page speed score is Fast, Average, or Slow.
- Discover a benchmark report of the site speed against competitor sites.
- See the potential impact of site speed on revenue.
- Get a detailed list of recommended fixes to increase speed on up to 5 pages on the site.
- Finally, get a complete report to share with other members of the team.
Importance of a Fast Mobile Experience
To emphasize the importance of mobile speed, Google cited The State of Online Retail Performance finding stating that “a one-second delay in mobile load times can impact conversion rate by as much as 20 percent.”
Site owners can now the new Test My Site tool to measure, benchmark and take action on mobile site speed in a single destination.
Here is a screen shot of the new Test My Site tool finding after a test being conducted: