Google introduces new updates to Docs, for more easily tracking of team’s changes, now, a team can better “version control,” customize tools for workflows, and help teams locate information when they need it.
Versions control of a Doc, Sheet or Slide
Google now allows assigning custom names to documents versions on the web, for easy organizing and tracking team’s changes under “Version history” (formerly ‘Revision history’). You just need to select File -> Version history -> Name current version.
- And by using options like, “Only show named versions” in Docs, Sheets or Slides, you can quickly recall a document.
- To preview “clean versions” of Docs without comments or suggested edits, select Tools -> Review suggested edits -> Preview accept all OR Preview reject all.
- Accept or reject all edit suggestions at once in a Doc, by selecting Tools -> Review suggested edits -> Accept all OR Reject all.
- To suggest changes in a Doc, click the three dots menu in the bottom right of a Doc screen to suggest edits on-the-go on Android, iPhone or iPad device. Just turn on “Suggest changes” toggle and start typing in “suggestion mode.”
- Compare documents and review redlines instantly with Litera Change-Pro or Workshare Add-ons in Docs.
Also, new templates with built-in add-ons and the ability to create own templates are launched today, and let you customize and deploy tools specific to organization’s workflows.
These new five examples are available in the general template gallery, like the new “mutual NDA template” from LegalZoom and DocuSign, that lets you quickly create and collect NDA approvals.
Additionally, it also automatically detects required signature fields on the template.
In addition, users can create their own template as well with built-in Add-on customized to a company’s workflows.
Lastly, Google Cloud Search for G Suite Business and Enterprise, will integrate with Docs and Slides via Explore feature. To get started, open the Explore tab in Docs or Slides, and type your search query. “Using Machine Intelligence, Cloud Search will surface relevant information from across your G Suite apps including Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Sites and more,” to help you efficiently work throughout the day.
Those using Google+ can now find content and communities from all across through a new Discover tab on iOS devices and the web, that will help find personalized recommendations of posts to see, people to know, and communities to join.
Google also simplified the tab navigation, with the new Profile tab on mobile making it easier for people to reach their profile pages quickly to access communities and collections.
Update 08/22: Already supported in the classic Google Sites, users can now map their site to a custom URL in the new Google Sites, as well. When setting up web address mapping in the Admin console, see the notes below:
- For sites that are viewable within your organization only, the link is redirected to the Google Sites URL such as http://sites.google.com/example.com/mysite.
- New Sites address mappings automatically provision domain-validated SSL certificates for secure connections. You cannot use other certificates.
- You may need to wait up to 24 hours to see your changes reflected. This feature is not available for trial domains.
Check out the Help Center, for more information.
Web address mapping settings in the Admin console: