Google My Business team has announced of rolling out a revamped user interface of the relatively new Product Editor interface.
This feature currently in beta was introduced a few months back and can be found on Google My Business consoles under the Product Beta tab.
In addition, starting today, the Products Editor is also now available to more retail merchants.
“We’ve refreshed the User Interface of the Product Editor (Products (Beta) tab), and opened it up to more Retail merchants,” Kara wrote.
About Product Editor
Using product editor, merchants can build their presence on mobile as it allows them to show their products to cutomers on mobile verson of Google Search results. This helps retaliers drive consumer interactions.
With product editor, the items added currenly only appear in a business profile.
Items once added will appear as a curated showcase of a store’s products on business listings’ new “Products” tab to mobile consumers.
As Kara said, items in Product Editor added by merchants do not appear in search direclty at the moment and also have no influence search results rankings.
A consumer on their mobile device will now see a new Products tab, which will show them two new carousels such as “From Product Posts” and Product Catalog.
The “From Product Posts” module will display featured products through product posts. When a consumer clicks on a product they will be able to explore it more to learn.
Consumers will also be able to engage with a business.
On the other hand, the Product Catalog carousel shows product collections to consumers and allows them to:
- Tap a featured product card to see product details
- Tap a collection to see an overview
- Tap a product within a collection to see product details
- Chat or call merchants to find out more
- Provide feedback about the usefulness of the product information
Adding Collection in Product Editor
There are two ways for retail merchants to upload their products to business listings either by using product editor or create product posts.
Merchants can use the following steps to upload a collection to Product Editor:
- On the desktop use Google Merchant web dashboard, and navigate to “Products Beta” tab.
- Then, select + Add Products.
- Enter a name and a description for the collection.
- Minimum one product is required to be added to a collection.
- When adding a product, make sure to also:
- Upload a photo
- Name the product (optional)
- Set a price (optional)
- Create a description (optional)
- Finally, select Add collection to save this collection.
In addition to showcasing products, merchants also have the ability to display featured products that show up in “From Product Posts” carousel, independently from the Product Catalog
Google allows to add up to 10 products posts at a time to “From Procuts Posts.”
Once a merchant adds product posts to feature in “From Products Post,” the products will be removed from the business listing overview after a week.
It will, however, remain in “From Product Posts” carousel. And, the post will also remain available in the “Posts” tab.
Here are the steps to create a post on a desktop:
- First sign in to Google My Business account.
- Open a location to manage.
- Select “Create post,” or click “Posts” in the menu.
- Next, on the “Create post” screen, select the type of post to create in the options.
- Then add photos, videos, text, events, offers, and a button to post will appear. Click each field and enter any relevant information.
- Select “Preview” to see a preview of the post.
- Click “Publish” in the top right corner when done.
To make a change to a post, click “Back” on the top left of the screen and continue editing the draft post until it’s ready to publish.
Google advises to upload a media that meets the following size requirements:
- Minimum: 400×300 pixels and 10 KB size limit.
- Maximum: 10000×10000 pixels and 25 MB size limit.
Learn more about this feature, over Product Editor help page here.