Google’s’ local listing helps small businesses connects to their customers online has today received an update to its Google My Business app.
The app was built to help small business owners connect with their customers on the go. Now offers improved customer visibility and a range of new capabilities that will help turn searchers into customers.
In addition to announcing new improvements, Google also published some statistics about its local businesses listing and Google search.
According to Google every month through Google search “people are connected to local businesses over 9 billion times, more than 1 billion phone calls are generated, and more than 3 billion direction requests to store are initiated.”
Here is an overview of the new Google My Business app features:
- A new Post button that allows uploading of a photo, creating of Google Posts, an offer or event.
- An improvised Business Profile editor lets add offers or event easily to show on the Profile page.
- Owners can also manage their business details easily from the Profile tab to make them appear seamlessly across Search and Maps.
- New customers tab shows information about customers with the ability to interact including responding to messages, reviews, and booking services requests.
- Follow tab shows who are following if they opted to display their profiles.
- Real-time notifications will appear when there’s a new customer connection such as reviews, messages, booking requests, or review.
- GMB Analytics now available on the home screen can be now expanded for more details like how many people are finding and connecting with the business.
- A new navigation bar at the bottom offers quick access to business profile and customer information.
A Messages tab now shows messages from Google Maps and Google Search. Local businesses can respond to messages from within the app.
Messaging is now rolling out to most countries worldwide.
To see the new Google My Business app in action check out the Google’s instruction video embedded below:
These features are now available to the Google My Business mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple Store.