Google My Bunsiness has rolled out enhancements to its reply features involving customer reviews.
The update is designed to help busniess owners primarily uses desktop computer can now reply to customer reviews on Google Maps directly from their computer.
In addition to reply to Google Maps reviews on desktop, Google also now providing more information and tools to help business owners get customers feedback.
Business with verified Google My Business listings can now reply to reviews left by users directly from Google Maps on desktop, instead of using GMB center or mobile app to reply to reviews.
“Business listing owners can now manage reviews without having to download the Google My Business app or open its homepage.”
Learn more about how to read and reply to reviews.
Google is also helping business owners with tips to better respond to negative user reviews.
“Positive or negative, reviews are an opportunity to identify areas to improve the consumer experience,” said Google.
- Do not attack the reviewer personally or share their personal data,on Maps, or other services. Instead, resolve the issue personally via Google My Business Messaging, email, phone, etc.
- Check the reasons why a reviewer has a negative impression of the business.
- Be honest to own mistakes, and explain them the situation for e.g. bad weather forced to cancel an event.
- Apologize when appropriate.
- Be more authentic by signing off with real name or initials.
- Always be polite and professional, just like on face-to-face.
- Respond timely to customers.
Here are the steps to reply to reviews from the Google Maps desktop:
- Head over to Google Maps and enter verified business name.
- Then, click “Search” or press “Enter.”
- Next, click on “Reviews.”
- Finally, click “Reply” next to the review to respond to.
In order to reply to reviews from Google My Business on desktop, verified business can use the steps below:
- Log into Google My Business account.
- Now, select the location in case of multiple locations.
- From the menu, select “Reviews” from the menu.
- Now click “Reply” to respond to a review.
- Finally, write a response and click “Post reply.”
For to learn more about Local Guides, a global community involved in writing reviews, share photos, answer questions, add or edit places, and check facts on Google Maps—can be learned on this Help Center page.
And, for more information on read and reply to reviews, check out this Help Center.