In March this year, Google Latitude check-in for 60 places around Austin was launched. Now, Google is teamed up with some partners to let you unlock check-in offers at thousands of places across the U.S. using Latitude for Android and iPhone.
Here’s how to get started:
- Check in. Check in using Latitude to share places with friends when you’re there.
- Gain status. Keep checking in every time you visit your favorite places to gain status there. You can tap your current status level to see your progress towards the next status level.
- Unlock offers. Places can make check-in offers available to you at each of their 3 status levels. When you gain higher status, you’ll unlock any available check-in offers.
You’ll be able to see both available and locked offers at places. To redeem an available check-in offer, just select it from the Place page, tap Redeem, and show the full offer on your phone. By default, you can become a Regular, VIP, or Guru at places; Google’s also letting partners create their own status levels for you to achieve (coming soon on iPhone).
- American Eagle Outfitters: Up to 20% off your total purchase
- Quiznos: Free sub when you buy a sub of equal or greater value
- Arby’s: Free regular roast beef sandwich with purchase of a 22 oz. drink
- RadioShack: Up to 20% off qualifying, in-store purchases
- Finish Line: Save $10 on purchases over $50
- Macy’s (Coming soon)
You can learn more at google.com/latitude/checkin.
[Source: Lat Long Blog]