Google just launched two new features to its social networking project Google+ that integrate with Google Plus with two more Google products: YouTube and Chrome.
Google added a YouTube “slider” in the Google+ stream. “We’ll start playing a list of related videos in a new pop-up window, and if you move the pop-up elsewhere, you can still navigate your playlist from the slider,” said Vic Gundorta.
Here’s how it works:
- “Mouse over the new YouTube icon at the top right of Google+
- It’ll slide out and ask, “What would you like to play”?
- Enter whatever you’re in the mood for (like a topic or a musical artist),” explains Gundotra
From left to right: YouTube slider (closed), slider (open), pop-up playlist, slider (while playing)
Gundotra says, “Sharing YouTube videos with your circles also works, but there’s a nice little twist: the people you share with can open a related playlist directly from your post!
Also, Google begin including YouTube playlists in Google+ search results.
YouTube video in the stream (left), YouTube playlist in Google+ search results (right)
Google rolls out two new Google+ Chrome extensions
- +1 button: +1 any webpage and share it with your circles
- Notifications: check your Google+ notifications while you browse the web
Google+ Chrome extensions: +1 button (left), notifications (right)