Google today previewed a new version of the Google Docs presentations — and is started rolling rolling out the new presentations gradually to user, announced Steven Saviano, Software Engineer.
“To get an early start, click on the gear icon in your document list, and select Document settings. Then, from the editing tab, check the box to “Create new presentations using the latest version of the presentation editor”,” said Saviano.
Here is what’s new?
A collaborative approach
Docs Presentations now offers faster collobrations to build presentations together is easier because you can:
- See exactly what others are working on with colorful presence markers
- Edit with your team members simultaneously from different locations
- Use revision history to see who made changes or to revert to earlier versions
- Say hello, start a conversation or share new ideas using built-in chat
Over 50 new features are added to the presentaions including:
- Transitions to move between slides with simple fades or spicier 3D effects
- Animations to add emphasis or to make your slides more playful
- New themes to create beautiful presentations with distinct visual styles
- Drawings to build new designs, layouts, and flowcharts within a presentation
- Rich tables with merged cells and more options for adding style to your data
To learn more about getting started with the new presentation editor, head over at Help Center.