Google Catalogs for Android tablets and the iPad now available in the United States, provides you a new way to shop from the comfort of your couch.
“With rich product images, videos, and the ability to curate your own personal collages to share with friends, Google Catalogs makes browsing your favorite mail order catalogs easy, fun and interactive,” blogged Google.
Google Catalogs features more than 125 brands you know and love like Nordstrom, Williams-Sonoma, Nike and Sephora. The app currently has over 400 digital catalog issues to browse across categories such as mens & women’s apparel, jewelry, gifts, gourmet, toys, kids, gadgets, sports & athletics and outdoor adventure.
You’ll find pages of gift and decorating ideas and get a head start on your holiday shopping list.
The application highilights:
- Catalogs for everyone: Apparel & fashion for men, women, and children; beauty; jewelry; home goods; gifts; and more to come!
- Rich media: View products up close, tap tags for price and details, view additional product photos and videos.
- Easy purchasing: A single tap lets you find a product nearby or visit a merchant’s website to make a purchase.
- Get notified of new issues: Favorite the catalogs you love and get notified when new issues arrive.
- Get creative: Create collages of products you’ve saved from different catalogs. View other collages for inspiration.
- Share with friends: Email a product or collage to your friends.
Also, to get the most out of the holidya shopping season including the Cyber Monday, here are five tips on how to use Google tools to save time and money this holidays:
- Use Google Catalogs to avoid the lines and parking nightmares–shop from your couch.
Tip #2. Google Product Search gives you detailed product information, reviews and price comparisons for all the gifts on your list.
- Bring Google Shopper along as your mobile shopping assistant. Wherever you are, this free mobile app for Android and iPhone lets you scan a barcode or search by voice or text to get detailed product information, read reviews and compare prices online and at local stores. You can also use Google Shopper to see if a product is in stock nearby.
- Take advantage of holiday savings with Google Offers. Google Offers has teamed up with a number of great retailers this holiday season, making it easy to save while you shop. You can also find and buy great deals from Google Offers with the free Android app.
- Simplify your online and offline shopping experience with Google Wallet. When you shop with merchants that accept Google Wallet online just use your Google Wallet username and password to complete your purchase–there’s no need to pull out your credit card or enter your shipping address with every transaction.