Google Apps for Business, Government and Education administrators can now access and configure improved email compliance footers, approved/blocked sender lists and file attachment policies for Gmail, directly from the control panel, announced Adam Dawes, Gmail Product Manager.
“Previously, Google Apps customers used Google Message Security, powered by Postini, to provide these capabilities. These settings can also be configured at the organizational unit level for fine grained policies. Admins will now manage the features natively in the Google Apps control panel (localized in 28 languages), leverage our granular policy framework to customize settings for different types of users, and join multiple rules together to address very targeted use cases,” Dawes stated.
He said, “with the addition of these features to Gmail, there is no longer a need to use Google Message Security (GMS) with Google Apps so we will no longer offer GMS to Google Apps customers. We will work with those customers currently using GMS to migrate their settings to these new features.”
How to access what’s new:
- Log in to the administrator control panel and access “Settings” then “Email”.
- From the Email settings page, click “Filters”.
- In the Organizations section select the organization for which you want to add settings.
- To create a new setting, click the “Add Setting” button near the right edge of the window (the Add setting dialog box opens).
- Click the type of setting in the left navigation menu of the dialog box, for example, “Objectionable content” or “Content compliance”.