Just a day after Google announced the shutter of Google Allo and its continued focus on Android Messages, Google Duo, Hangouts Chat and Hangouts Meet, the company today has introduced “Smart Reply” feature to Chat.
Hangouts Chat is available generally since March of this year to G Suite subscribers.
Chat, an enterprise-centric messaging platform lets businesses collaborate and stay connected.
The smart reply feature which is already available in new Gmail uses Google’s machine intelligence to suggest responses to reply to email conversations.
The feature will now help teams collaborating in Chat to reply to messages within chat threads even quicker using the similar technology.
The feature currently only supports the English language.
Users would need select from one of three response options which get surfaced in a chat message and customize their response before clicking on send.
Here is GIF that shows the new Smart Reply in Chat:
Here is an animation of Google Hangouts Chat:
Those interested can try out Hangouts Chat on the web or their mobile by downloading the app here or can head over to chat.google.com.
The Hangouts Chat works automatically on Classic Hangouts with existing contacts.
Here are a few reasons to try Hangouts Chat:
- Chat uses artificial intelligence for many of its features to work, like using bots to book conference rooms, searching files, or now smart reply.
- A developer can even further customize the Chat platform to their requirements.
- Chat integrates will with G Suite as well as other third-party apps.
- Users can upload items from Drive, collaborate in Docs, Sheets or Slides or join video conference meetings through Meet.
- Chat provides G Suite’s enterprise-grade security for keeping information secure.
- Integration of Chat with Vault, let IT admins archive, preserve, search and export all Chat-specific data.
To learn more about Hangouts Chat, visit the help page, and or watch the video embedded below: