diTii.com Digital News Hub

Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about latest news and more.

I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp (more information)


GitHub hits One Million hosted projects and 325,000 coders

GitHub, the source code hosting and collaboration service has hit a major milestone “325,000 coders with over 1,000,000 repositories,” confirmed Scott Chacon, VP, GitHub. Appx 60% of these projects are full repositories – shared folders with code spread across multiple files – while remaining 40% are “gists” or short code snippets contained in a single file.

Git is an extremely fast, efficient, distributed version control system ideal for the collaborative development of software. GitHub provides pre-rolled post-commit hooks (IRC, Jabber, Email, Trac, Campfire, etc.) as well as an innovative web hook system for writing your own. Every repository comes with SSH support for pushing and pulling. Private repositories enjoy full SSL support on the web side, as well.


Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!