G Suites’ intelligent tools already transforms the way teams collaborate, now on Wednesday, even more new ways to manage projects are announced, including Hangouts Chat generally available now as a core G Suite service.
Chat helps teams collaborate easily and efficiently with dedicated, virtual rooms, plus threaded conversations and deeper integration with other G Suite apps, like Drive, Calendar and Hangouts Meet, and built-in security to meet retention, eDiscovery and regulatory/compliance needs for enterprises.
Chat also comes equipped with 25 bots that integrate directly with other G Suite apps, like:
- The @Google Drive bot which lets you know when files are shared with you, comments are made or when people request access to your docs.
- The @Meet bot which integrates directly with Calendar to schedule meetings for you.
- @Drive bot
Or, you can even build your own integrations on top of Chat to incorporate tools you use everyday.
Here is an animated screenshot of a third-party Chat bot:
With Chats you can:
- Easily work with other G Suite apps. Upload items from Drive, collaborate on Docs, Sheets or Slides, join online meetings with Hangouts Meet, or use Google’s powerful search to look up room members, past conversations and shared files.
- Use artificial intelligence to speed up workflows. When your teams collaborate in Chat, you can speed up manual work, like booking conference rooms, searching for files and more using artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate with colleagues around the globe. Chat currently supports 28 languages and each room can support up to 8,000 members. It’s available on desktop for Windows and MacOS, as well as iOS and Android so you can easily collaborate on the go.
- Have peace of mind with embedded security. Chat builds on G Suite’s security-first ecosystem and offers an enterprise-grade solution that’s reliable and compliant. With integrated support for Vault, admins can archive, preserve, search and export Chat-specific data.
In the coming months, Google Calendar will start leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) to suggest rooms for booking. These suggestions will be automatically optimized for each attendee based on their building and floor location, previous booking history, audio/video equipment needs and room capacity requirements.
In this GIF animation you can see AI-powered Calendar:
Now, with just a few clicks teams can quickly transit from a conversation to face-to-face Hangouts Meet video conferencing.
With Quick Access is now availble in Docs Explore panel to help team spend less time on searching documents. Similar to Quick Access in Drive, it uses artificial intelligence to suggest relevant files which are based on signals like Drive activity and information in documents.
Below is an example GIF of Quick Access:
Google Vault support for Hangouts Chat introduced today help with their eDiscovery and compliance needs.
Hangouts Chat gives G Suite admins the governance controls they need to manage and secure their organization’s data, including full support in Google Vault. Here are some admin-specific details to help you get started:
- As a G Suite admin, you can now set retention policies that apply to all Hangouts Chat messages, including those sent directly and those sent in rooms.
- In addition to setting retention policies, you can now place legal holds on your employees’ Hangouts Chat conversations, whether they take place via direct message or in rooms.
- Finally, you can now search, preview, and export your employees’ Hangouts Chat messages. This enables you to apply the same eDiscovery programs you use for other G Suite services (like Gmail and Drive) to content stored in Hangouts Chat direct messages and rooms.
Check out the Vault Help Center to learn more about how Vault’s support for Hangouts Chat can help your organization meet its legal obligations and archiving needs.
To help those interested in AI, Google is offering a resource called “Learn with Google AI”, that provides ways to learn about core ML concepts, develop and hone your ML skills, and apply ML to real-world problems.
Also, Google Domains is now available in 14 countries in addition to the U.S.
Domains are available as one-click integration with G Suite, so businesses can quickly create professional branded email addresses and simultaneously access G Suite’s range of intelligent productivity tools like Docs, Calendar, Google Drive and Hangouts Meet.
Benefits, such as 30 GB of file storage, and 24/7 customer support are also includeded, along with simpler domain management settings, allowing for access to be shared among multiple authorized users.
Get started today at Google Domains site here.