At the Streaming Media East show next week, Microsoft is holding two half-day workshops on Monday, May 9th, entitled “Upgrading From Windows Media to The Next Generation Microsoft Media Platform” and “Using SharePoint for Video Delivery and Content Management”.
These workshops normally cost $245 to attend, but Microsoft have a few seats to fill, so the company is giving away five free passes to attendees who work at enterprise companies and are tasked with deploying video.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Learn how to easily upgrade your Windows Media infrastructure to the next-generation Microsoft Media Platform, which includes Silverlight, Expression Encoder, and IIS Media Services.
- See how to easily deliver your existing audio and video content (including Windows Media, MP3, Flash, QuickTime, and other formats) and learn how to create new content at higher quality and with smaller file sizes.
- Learn how to deliver video adaptively, cross-platform and cross-device, at the highest possible quality for each user.
- Learn how to use SharePoint to deliver live and on-demand audio and video and see how you can serve content directly from your SharePoint database or from your media servers, and make that content easily searchable.
- Find out about your options for managing and delivering your content using Windows Azure.
If you are interested in getting a free pass to either (or both) of the workshops, please email to get more details.
[Source: Chris Knowlton’s Blog ]