Back from the holidays, Google is offering free calling from Gmail within the US and Canada through 2013.
Those, “in the US and Canada, will continue to be able to make free domestic calls through 2013. Plus, “in most other countries, where Gmail call is avilable, user can call the rest of the world from Gmail at insanely low rates,” informs Google.
In other new, with 2013 around the corner, here are the official google tips for you to get your business ready for the new year.
- Create new holiday promotion ads in AdWords. Google says it is recommended to create a new ad instead of editing running ad as “saving changes to an existing ad causes the ad to go under review which, depending on the number of ads that you have in your account, can cause an interruption in your ad delivery.” “Creating a new ad with the holiday promotion in addition to the generic ad that you already have. Once the new ad gets reviewed, you can pause your generic ad and let the holiday one run — delay avoided,” google wrote.
- Use referrals data in Analytics to see how people got to your website. To find data on referrals, just sign in to Google Analytics then click Traffic Sources > Sources > Referrals.
- Track packages in Google Search. Simply enter the tracking number into the Google Search box and when you click enter, you’ll see updated shipping information for your packages.
- Get you daily agenda in your email with Google Calendar. To receive the daily notification, go to Calendar and select “My calendars.” Click on the dropdown button next to the calendar you want to receive an agenda for, and then select “Reminders and notifications. Check the email box next to “Daily agenda” then “Save” and you’ll start to receive a overview of your day to your Gmail address every morning!
- Import slides into Google Presentations. All you have to do is import the file and you can transfer whichever slides you want into the presentation. When you have a Google Presentation open, go to Insert > Import slides… > Upload to add files from your computer. Or, instead of Upload select Presentations to copy slides from an existing Google Presentation.
Check more tips here.
Amazon Instant Video launched today a Google TV application on 2012 LG models with Google TV.
“While all Google TV devices can access Amazon Instant Video through Chrome, this new application on LG models with Google TV gives you a richer Amazon Instant Video experience, with HD playback, Closed Captioning, Your Video Library, Your Watchlist, and Recommendations,” google blogged.
Amazon Instant Video app is available from Goole Play Store.