Forbes annual list of the 400 richest Americans is released. And as in years past, several Seattleites made the cut. (The nation’s richest people, has declined, falling $300 billion in the past 12 months from $1.57 trillion to $1.27 trillion). Bill Gates despite losing $7 billion over the past year led the list again with an estimated net worth of $50 billion. Without further ado, here’re some Seattle area residents who made the list.
- Bill Gates, Microsoft, $50 billion, ranked #1
- Steve Ballmer, Microsoft, $13.3 billion, ranked #14
- Paul Allen, Microsoft, $11.5 billion, ranked #17
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, $8.8 billion, ranked #28. (Bezos saw his net worth rise)
- Craig McCaw, Clearwire, $1.65 billion, ranked #212
More info: Forbes