Mozilla has posted the final builds for Firefox 5 ahead of its official release date of June 1. The new release looks and runs very similar to Firefox 4, sporting a few changes under the hood.
The new accelerated release schedule Mozilla is using for Firefox development will see the next version of Firefox, Firefox 6, go into beta about two weeks following Firefox 5’s release.
Per official changelog:
- Support for CSS transitions has been added
- The preference for “Do Not Track” has been moved to aid easier discoverability by users
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improvements to spell checking for various languages
- Improvements to Linux desktop environment integration
- Performance improvements for background tabs
- WebGL fixes: a fix for cross-domain textures and a fix to address the memory stealing issue
Download links are available below: