Microsoft just published the February 2012 Edition of TechNet Magazine. “Whatever your migration path, preparation and planning are equally as important as the actual migration itself. Migration has to start with a solid plan, a thorough assessment of the technology and the supporting processes, and solid execution. Microsoft has a handful of tools, processes and steps to ease the process,” reads the description.
Here are the highlights of what February 2012 TechNet Magazine issues covers:
- Windows 7 – Group Policy Preferences – check out this article on how to manage all those “unmanaged” settings.
- IT Management – Audit Those Windows Servers – Learn about the business reasons to audit Windows Servers.
- Cloud Computing – Virtualization Classes – This article gives you a good base for the different virtualization classes and how they are suited to specific situations.
- SQL Server: SQL Server Delays Demystified – You can use the tracking data for SQL Server transaction wait times to find overused resources and eliminate bottlenecks.
- System Center Operations Manager 2012: Expand Monitoring with Ease – The new System Center Operations Manager promises to bring better integrated and extended network monitoring capabilities.
- Microsoft Project: Plan Better with Microsoft Project – When planning and executing IT project plans, defaulting to using Excel could impede your progress. It could be worth learning Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010: Access the Address Book with Ease – One of the real benefits of Microsoft Lync Server is the seamless manner in which you can access the updated address book from any device.
Read more: TechNet Magazine: February 2012 Issue