Last year, Facebook launched a new powerful built-in camera in Messenger to help make conversations better along with new visual tools, especially most popular art and effects like floating hearts and recently, Mardi Gras frames.
At the same time, they also started testing a new feature to help share photos and videos as they happen by adding to “Messenger Day,” where anyone (you choose) can view, share, and reply to them on Messenger. Of course, you can customize your share day, just tap on the “more” icon, then choose “Everyone Except” or “Custom.”
You can also add to your day right from the conversation you’re in, “ater a photo or video is send, you’ll see an option to “add to your day.” Simply tap that text, and you’ll be asked to confirm you’d like to add it to your day,” writes facebook.
While you’re messaging with someone, you’ll see if they have anything new from their day, too.
Since everything that’s “added to Messenger Day disappears after 24 hours,” so Facebook says to add as often as you want. And, “you can also take down a share from the day, by just a tap on the image at the top of inbox, and then tap three dots at the bottom right hand corner of your image, and then select ‘Delete’.”
Starting today, the Messenger Day for Android and iOS users is made available across the globe.
To make the Messenger Day work, follow these steps:
- First update Messenger app to the newest version.
- Next, open Messenger, and tap on the camera highlighted with a sun, that will bring up full-screen camera. Or, tap “Add to your day” button at top of inbox to get started.
- Snap a quick selfie or take a photo or video of what’s around you.
- For art and effects, tap smiley face icon in the top right, then tap to add to photo or video you want. Additionally, you can also add text over images, just tap “Aa” icon. You can even overlay a drawing by tapping “squiggly line in the top right corner.”
- Once you are done with the photo or video, tap the arrow in bottom right corner. You can then add it to your day, save it to phone’s camera roll, or send it to a specific person or group.
The photo or video that you add to your day will be viewable for 24 hours.
To learn more about Messenger Day, check out this Help Center, as well as watch the two videos embedded below: