However, As part of the highly anticipated public stock offering (IPO), Facebook today filed its current financial earnings for the first quarter of 2012, with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
In the filing with the SEC, for the first quarter of 2012, which ended on March 31, Facebook said it has earned $1.06 billion in revenue, 45 percent higher than the same period a year ago. However, the company’s net income came in at $205 million. Adding, the compay said that 23% of its income in the Q1′ 2012 came from money generated by the game publisher Zynga.
Facebook also revealing its social stats announced that it now has 901 million monthly users — a significant increase comparing to the 845 million monthly users just two months ago when it first filed for IPO.
“Building on our use of authentic identity, the Social Graph, and social distribution, Facebook has grown from our beginnings in a college dorm room in 2004 to a service that is fundamentally changing the way people connect, discover, and share around the world,” the company said in the SEC filing. “We believe that Facebook has become an integral part of many of our users’ daily lives. Users add value to the overall Facebook ecosystem each time they engage with friends, developers, or advertisers. Increases in user engagement enable us to attract more users, developers, and advertisers. Growth in the number of users, developers, and advertisers and the interactions among them enhances the value we deliver to all of our constituencies.”
Facebook also revealing that it now has 500 million daily active users, compared to 483 million daily users in February. And, that the company now generates 3.2 billion comments and “Likes” a day, compared to 2.7 billion in February.
Here are the completed Facebook’s social trends:
- 901 million MAUs as of March 31, 2012, an increase of 33% as compared to 680 million MAUs as of Mar 31, 2011.
- 526 million daily active users (DAUs) on average in Mar’ 12, an increase of 41% as compared to 372 million DAUs in Mar ’11.
- 488 million MAUs used Facebook mobile products in Mar 2012 — and surpassed 500 million mobile MAUs as of Apr 20, 2012.
- 398 million active users with Facebook on at least six out of the last seven days, during Mar 2012.
- More than 125 billion friend connections on Facebook as of March 31, 2012.
- More than 300 million photos per day were uploaded to Facebook in the three months ended March 31, 2012.
- Users generated an average of 3.2 billion Likes and Comments per day during the Q1 of 2012. “Since users Like and Comment on content they find interesting, we believe that the number of Likes and Comments provides some insight into how engaging users find the content available to them on Facebook and through our Platform developers,” Facebook said.
- More than 42 million Pages with ten or more Likes as Mar 31, 2012. “Anyone, including artists, public figures, businesses, brands, or charities can set up a Facebook Page to engage with our users,” Facebook said. Examples of popular Pages on Facebook include Lady Gaga, Disney, and Manchester United, each of which has more than 20 million Likes.
You can find the Facebook’s filing with SEC here.