Microsoft Exchange team deliver the Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) for immediate download.
“This is the first release using the new servicing model for Exchange Server 2013,” the team stated adding, “The final build number for CU1 is 15.0.620.29. CU1 is the minimum version of Exchange 2013 required for on-premises coexistence with supported legacy Exchange Server versions,” the team wrote.
The team notes, that Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 will now support the Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
This management pack will be available at a later date, and is supported on SCOM 2007 R2 and SCOM 2012.
Among the new features in CU1 are:
- Address Book Policy Routing Agent included
- Groups can once again be owners of groups for membership management.
- Public Folder Favorites access through Outlook Web App
- Enhancements to Exchange Admin Center (EAC) includes: Unified Messaging management, improvements in the migration UI allowing more migration options reducing the gap between PowerShell and the UI, and general overall improvements in the user experience for consistency and simplification.
- Enhancements in the high availability and Managed Availability space including:
- “Best Copy Selection algorithm honors MaximumActiveDatabases
- Auto-reseed supports Bitlocker encryption
- Many probes, monitors, and responders updated and improved over the RTM release.
- Streamlined Get-HealthReport cmdlet with optimized performance.”
Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 can be download over at Microsoft Download Center.