This blog post discusses several top issues regarding the Standby Continuous Replication (SCR) feature introduced in Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1. We wanted to share this information as it can be used as a preventative measure as well as for resolving issues you may have experienced. It is understood that this will not cover all that can possibly go wrong, but it should give you some good pointers in some situations that you might have seen.
For basic configuration information on SCR, please review the following article available on Microsoft TechNet: Standby Continuous Replication
Issues covered here include:
- Enable-StorageGroupCopyStatus -StandbyMachine reports error “Another standby continuous replication source is already configured…”
- SCR Target Log Files Fail to Truncate After the TruncationLagTime is Surpassed
- SCR does not replicate logs in a disjoint namespace scenario
- Database seeding error: Error returned from an ESE function call (0xc7ff1004), error code (0x0)
- SCR Hidden Network share not created in a Cluster with Event id 2074