The updated ESPN app on Xbox LIVE is now available, announced Microsoft — delivering HD-quality live events and highlights, including more than 400 college football games, the NBA, MLB, soccer, golf, tennis, 31 bowl games and more than 75 exclusive games – close to 50 in the first five weeks of the season alone and more.
ESPN on Xbox LIVE is free for Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers wherever services are offered.
“ESPN on Xbox LIVE brings you thousands of live events and highlights, including more than 400 college football games, 31 bowl games and more than 75 exclusive games – close to 50 in the first five weeks of the season alone – from ESPN3, including some of the biggest out-of-market showdowns,” said Major Nelson.
The new features includes:
- My Sports – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now allows you to choose your favorite sports and teams and designate these channels as “My Sports,” so you can jump directly into the games and content you care most about. ESPN on Xbox LIVE will automatically provide you with a personalized daily feed of news and highlights based on “My Sports,” catching you up on only the teams and sports you care about most.
- Mini Guide gives you a preview and quick access to all the sports content you care about right at the bottom of the screen. Saturday is all about college football, and now you don’t have to miss a moment. Is another game tied up late in the fourth? Instantly switch to that game. Halftime? Play the earlier highlights.
- Split Screen allow you to watch two events at once. Watch ESPN3.com live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Voice Control with Kinect – Focus on your team instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the Content Guide, skip to the next highlight, or play, pause, and rewind that big play…all with the sound of your voice and the magic of Kinect..
- ·College Football Scoreboard – ESPN on Xbox LIVE is also adding a live college football scoreboard that you can jump to at any time. You can even use Split Screen to watch the big game on one side of your screen while the live scoreboard occupies the other, keeping you up on all the action from around the country.
- Reminders – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now lets you tag games and set reminders so you never miss a moment.
- Live Alerts surfaces at the bottom of the screen, ESPN on Xbox LIVE will keep you posted on score changes from around college football, even if you’re not keeping a close eye on the scoreboard.
- ESPN BottomLine on Xbox LIVE keeps you in the know with breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports.
Here’re some screenshots of the new interface:
You must access Xbox LIVE via an ESPN3 participating provider to use this app.