The EntLib Contrib project is used for sharing community-developed extensions – from additional providers for the existing blocks to the entirely new application blocks. The project is managed entirely by the community.
Today, the team announced of reaching an important milestone – porting a big chunk of the EntLibContrib codebase to be compatible with EntLib v5.
Here’s what this October 2011 release includes, Per Grigori Melnik blog post:
- EntLibContrib 5.0 – Oracle ODP.NET Data Provider
- allows to use the Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) with the Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block (DAAB).
- allows to use the MySql .NET Connector with the Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block (DAAB).
- provides a common interface to query and update data stored in a DB, XML file or Web/WCF service.
- allow to use the Query Application Block with the Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.
- provide additional validators, design-time enhancements and some other features.
- provide additional trace listeners, log entries parsing support and some other features.
- provide additional exception handlers.
- provide additional PIAB call handlers.
- extend the Microsoft Enterprise Library Common Infrastructure by providing new configuration element classes (TypeConfigurationElement and AnonymousConfigurationElement) that help dealing with design-time support for your custom providers.
- this package includes a zip file with the source code of all the extensions and the additional blocks of EntLibContrib v5. This source code can also be used in combination with the PDBs for debugging purpose.
Here what’s planned to be subsequently released in November:
- EntLibContrib 5.0 – Castle Windsor Configuration Support
- This Castle Windsor IContainerConfigurator implementation will allow EntLib to use Windsor as the container (instead of Unity).
- This Autofac IContainerConfigurator implementation will allow EntLib to use Autofac as the container (instead of Unity).
- a full application block of configurable providers for Globalization and Localization, complete with configuration console designer, Unity support, group policy support and instrumentation.
- complements the Query Application Block (QAB) and manages the data transfer objects used by the QAB and mapping them to and from fully typed domain objects.
The EntLib 5.0 binaries are released via NuGet (search for ‘entlibcontrib’ or ‘entlib’).