Microsoft committing to delivering an innovative approach to securing customers announced a new initiative called Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) at the Ignite 2016 conference.
The new EMS is the expansion of identity-driven security solution that was announced in July, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is now rebranded as “Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)”.
In addition, a new expanded “EMS E5” plan along with new “Microsoft Secure Productive Enterprise” offers is available today as on October 1st, 2016.
Additionally, the Azure Information Protection also generally available beginning today.
Microsoft says “Conditional access from Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) harnesses the power of Azure Active Directory Premium and Microsoft Intune to provide control you need to keep your corporate data secure,” while giving your people an experience that allows them to do their best work from any device.
With conditional access, “you can define adaptive policies that limit access to your corporate data based on location, device and user state, and application sensitivity,” company said.
In addition, the company notes, that “Azure AD Identity Protection, which leverage billions of signals daily, can detect suspicious behaviour and apply risk-based conditional access that protects applications and critical company data in real time.”
As conditions change, controls are triggered that allow, “block access, or challenge users with Multi-Factor Authentication, device enrolment or password change–ensuring that only trusted users on compliant devices can access sensitive corporate data.”
You can read more about conditional access in the articles below:
- Azure Active Directory Premium and Conditional Access
- Office 365 + EMS datasheet for Enterprise Architects
- Microsoft Identity-Driven Security
Also announced was the updates to Microsoft FastTrack for Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), that helps you deploy more quickly and is included with the purchase of EMS or EMS services.
As EMS E5 debuts, we have FastTrack help for all EMS services ready-to-go.
By using Envision stage of FastTrack for EMS, define your vision and plan a successful rollout. Additionally, new self-service resources to get you deployed, new EMS solutions along with a smoother trial experience will be coming soon.
You can now start an EMS trial and add a Success Plan to quickly model and test your EMS deployment.
Other updates includes:
- With Onboard stage of FastTrack for EMS, you can move to EMS deployment smoothly.
- Drive Value stage of FastTrack for EMS, boost user engagement and manage change, while Quick Start guides get your people started with practical and useful assistance within your business.
- new Azure AD and Intune Wizards offer step-by-step guidance to configure EMS services.
- and, you can find and share helpful videos with users to get them started with managing their identities, enrolling devices, and protecting data.
Success Plans improvements include:
- Streamlined questions, more intuitive sections and updated links to more info
- Easier sharing capabilities
- Can now be started with a Microsoft Account or corporate ID
- New Success Plans for Microsoft Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Cloud App Security. “Azure Information Protection, Cloud App Security, and Advanced Threat Analytics will offer additional online resources and guidance for Success Plans with deployment help from Microsoft Security team,” writes microsoft.
Here is a recap of the changes announced today to Enterprise Mobility + Security offers:
- Enterprise Mobility Suite is now Enterprise Mobility + Security
existing Enterprise Mobility Suite becomes Enterprise Mobility + Security E3, with no change for existing EMS customers.
new Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 will be available for purchase beginning today October 1st, 2016.
- Azure Active Directory Premium
existing Azure AD Premium becomes Azure AD Premium P1, with no change for existing customers.
Azure AD Premium P2, now generally available, includes all the capabilities in Azure AD Premium P1 as well as the new Identity Protection and Privileged Identity Management capabilities.
- Azure Rights Management + Secure Islands is now Azure Information Protection
existing Azure Rights Management Premium is now Azure Information Protection Premium P1, generally available today as on Oct 1, 2016. With this change we are adding the ability to manually classify and label documents along with all the previous Azure Rights Management Premium capabilities.
Azure Information Protection Premium P2 offer adds automatic classification, on top of the manual classification, labelling and everything else included in P1. It is generally available today Oct 1, 2016.
- Expanded Enterprise Mobility + Security resources in FastTrack
Microsoft FastTrack, which provides deployment help, will support EMS E5, provide additional resources, and an updated web experience available today onwards.
- Enterprise Mobility + Security included in IT Pro Essentials
As part of Microsoft’s commitment to provide free resources to help IT Professionals through their cloud journey EMS will now be included in the new IT Pro Cloud Essentials offer. These resources help IT Professionals through their cloud career journey, from planning their career path to getting started.