Here are some of the highlights, of Sony Playstation pre-E3 2011 press conference.
- Sony really pushed its 3D gaming commitment during the press conference. A number of games will support 3D including Resistance 3, Uncharted 3 and more. In fact Sony will sell a 3D enabled 24-inch Playstation monitor this fall. The monitor will come with a set of 3D glasses, an HDMI cable and a free copy of Resistance 3 for just $499. In addition Sony will sell a set of 3D glasses separately for just $69.99.
- CCP Games, the developers of the long running space based MMO EVE Online, announced that its upcoming console shooter game Dust 514, will be a Playstation 3 exclusive. It will also link to EVE Online in some capacity. Closed beta testing will begin by the end of the year and Dust 514 will launch in spring-summer 2012.
- BioShock Infinite will support the Playstation Move console when it comes out in 2012. Developer Irrational Games also announced that it’s working on another game set in the bioShock universe for the new Playstation Vita portable console. No other details were announced.
- Sony announced plans for Playstation Suite which will bring Playstation games to Android-based devices. No other details of this program were announced.
- Sony will release a PS3 version of the two God of War PSP games with better graphics and 3D support later this year. Also two classic PS2 games, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, will be bundled together and released on the PS3, remastered and with 3D support.