Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 service update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, as well as for on-premises and partner-hosted deployments.
“The CRM November 2011 service update brings customers new integrated social collaboration capabilities, as well as a unified Office 365 experience and enhancements for enterprises using Dynamics CRM in the cloud. These new features are delivered at no additional cost to customers and add functionality to the experiences and tools that they’re already using,” stated Microsoft.
Adding, the Redmond company said, “Today, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Office 365 provide a seamless experience for end users. With the CRM November 2011 service update, CRM Online simplifies cloud service management by offering a common administration, billing and provisioning platform with Office 365.”
In addition, the “CRM November 2011 service update offers improved disaster recovery features with in-region replication to further help protect data and offer high levels of business continuity in the event of a disaster,” the software gaint said.
With the release, Dynamics CRM introduces new social collaboration capabilities that include the following:
- Activity feeds. Configurable, real-time notifications on important relationships and significant business events via a blended view of micro-blog posts and interactions for a person, customer or sales opportunity.
- Micro-blogging. Status updates and notifications regarding business events and actions, providing simple experiences for users.
- Conversations. Post questions, observations, suggestions and status updates, allowing users to collaborate quickly and efficiently, locate information or expertise and gather feedback from others.
- Automated activity updates. Post information directly to the activity feed based on configurable event rules (for example, when a sales opportunity is closed). People can subscribe to or “follow” these activity feeds and consume them in a variety of ways.
- Mobile activity feeds. A new Microsoft Dynamics CRM mobile Activity Feeds application for Windows Phone 7 allows users to view their activity feeds while away from the office.
What’s New with Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 Service update:
Update 10/27: The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering (SE) team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 5 on Tuesday, October 25, 2011.