The DPM 2010 Prerequisite Checker is a tool that helps you ensure that your computer has all the prerequisites required to install DPM 2010.
The Prerequisite Checker tool willn’t run if you’ve a DPM protection agent or DPM Management Shell installed on the computer.
- Double-click self-extractor you downloaded to begin the installation process. The self-extractor will extract the installation files to the disk with the largest amount of free space.
- Accept user license, click Next.
- The tool will now install VCRedist 2008, then enable PowerShell role and then install .net 3.5 SP1.
- The tool will prompt for your SQL instance. If you choose dedicated instance, it’ll use instance installed by DPM. If you choose to use an existing instance, you must provide the name of instance and user credentials.
- The tool will install Doctor Watson.
- Checks for Single Instance Store (SIS), MSI 4.5, and for KB 975759 and installs it if not already installed on your computer.
- The final step allows you to launch SQL Server Configuration Checker. You must provide location of the SQL Server setup files.
DPM 2010 Prerequisite Checker Logs: You can find the logs generated by the tool in [system drive]\DPMLogs,’ Microsoft informed.
More Info: Download