The beta release of System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 is now avilable, with the latest and greatest System Center data protection capabilities.
In its fourth generation, Data Protection Manager 2012 builds on a legacy of providing unified data protection for Windows servers and clients as a best-of-breed backup & recovery solution from Microsoft, for Windows environments. As a key component of System Center 2012, DPM provides critical data protection and supports restore scenarios from disk, tape and cloud — in a scalable, manageable and cost-effective way.
The key DPM 2012 features that will be available for BETA validations are –
- Centralized Management (Built on the Ops Manager platform)
- Centralized Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Remote Administration
- Remote Recovery
- Push To Resume Backups
- Role Based Access
- Continued Best of Breed Application Support
- SharePoint Item Level recovery without restoring Content DB
- SQL FILESTREAM support
- SharePoint RBS support
- Hyper-V Item Level Restore from a DPM running in a VM
- Faster protection of VMs on stand-alone Hyper-V servers.
- Fresh DPM 2012 Console User Interface
- Data Source Extensibility Framework
- Certificate Based Protection of non-AD machines
- File Server
- SQL Servers
- Hyper-V servers
- Clustered Data sources
- Secondary DPM servers.
- Tape Enhancements:
- Enhanced Granular Media Co-Location
- Tape Reliability Enhancements
- Multiple DPM DB databases share a single remote SQL Instance
- Upgrade support from DPM 2010
- Download the DPM 2012 beta here.
- To use DPM 2010 servers with this beta, download the Interoperability hotfix here.