Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) just released on Microsoft Download Center introduces new functionality to Forefront TMG 2010 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
The service pack includes the following new functionality and feature improvements:
- New Reports
The new Site Activity report displays a report showing the data transfer between users and specific websites for any user.
- Error Pages
- A new look and feel has been created for error pages.
- Error pages can be more easily customized and can include embedded objects.
- Kerberos Authentication
You can now use Kerberos authentication when you deploy an array using network load balancing (NLB).
Installing Forefront TMG 2010 SP1
It is recommended that you install the service pack in the order described in Installing Forefront TMG SP1.
You should be aware of the following installation and deployment issues before and after installing Forefront TMG SP1:
- It is recommended that you complete the upgrade of all Enterprise Management Servers (master and replicas) and all the array members of an array before you configure the new SP1 features in the array.
- In a mixed environment, in which some array members have been upgraded to SP1 and others have not, the servers that are running the original release version of Forefront TMG 2010 (also known as RTM servers) continue to run with the same policy and do not receive policy updates. Note that RTM servers also:
- Process and log traffic as normal.
- Produce data for reports.
- Can be monitored from the Management console of an SP1 array member, an SP1 Enterprise Management Server, or via SP1 remote management.
- Do not show upgraded arrays or array members in the Management console.
- In most cases, you are not required to restart the computer after an upgrade.
- If you are logging to a remote SQL database, you are required to migrate the log database to the new schema. For instructions, see “Upgrading a remote SQL database for Forefront TMG SP1” on the TechNet Wiki (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki).
- The build number for Forefront TMG SP1 is 7.0.8108.200. To verify that SP1 has been installed on a specific server, in the Forefront TMG Management console, click Help and select About Forefront Threat Management Gateway. The build number appears after Version.
To read the release notes, see the Forefront TMG Release Notes (SP2).
You can download Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 2 Microsoft Download Center.