Following the launch of the AdWords enhanced campaigns support, including the ability to create, manage, and sync enhanced campaigns in DoubleClick Search–Google, today announced the new “dedicated upgrade tools” in beta, that allow seamless upgrade to enhanced campaigns.
“The new tools include workflow improvements that will result in significant time savings when upgrading your accounts to enhanced campaigns. With these tools, we’ll help you identify similar campaigns that target different devices within your DoubleClick Search account. We’ll then create reports to quickly merge these campaigns into a single enhanced campaign, and let you upload those changes using the familiar upload workflow in the DoubleClick Search UI,” explains DS team.
In addition, you can now see the AdWords suggested mobile bid adjustment in DS, to provide more control and precision over bids in an enhanced campaign.
The team also said that it plan to support the recently-announced ad group mobile bid adjustments in the following ways:
- “Efficient and flexible workflow. We’ll allow you to manage your bids inside the UI, as well as through bulksheets.
- Ad group bid adjustment suggestion tool for merged campaigns. When you merge campaigns, we’ll perform an analysis of each individual ad group, and suggest a custom bid adjustment for you,” the DS team adds.
The new tools cut out the manual work, with just 5 easy steps:
- “Identify campaigns for merging. DS will analyze current AdWords campaigns and automatically generate a list of campaigns that should consider merging together into an enhanced campaign.
- Download and verify merge suggestions right from the DS UI. You can review them to ensure you’re comfortable with the suggestions as well as you can edit the merge suggestion file to match your exact needs.
- Upload the merge suggestion file within the enhanced campaigns upgrade tool, using a workflow similar to uploading bulksheets in DoubleClick Search. DS will then generate a final upgrade bulksheet for your enhanced campaigns.
- Download the upgrade bulksheet and set adjustments. The upgrade bulksheet will be a standard DS bulksheet, with the addition of columns specific to enhanced campaigns.
- Upload the upgrade bulksheet. Once you upload your final upgrade bulksheet, it will merge your campaigns and upgrade them to enhanced campaigns,” explains DS team.