Running non-genuine software is always a bad idea, but as far as Microsoft is concerned, selling computers with pirated software is far worst. Microsoft’s telling companies selling refurbished PCs that the list enumerated below is open, and the only way to avoid being featured along the companies already there, is to ensure that all software sold on the PCs is genuine.
“Getting caught (…) hurts your pocket, damages your reputation and puts your company’s future revenue under threat,” Microsoft warned. Don’t Get Caught Anti-Piracy Fact Sheet_2010 list includes following companies:
- Morely Computers, Leeds, UK
- CC Computer Repairs, Bristol, UK
- Computer Resale, Chesterfield, UK
- Marsh Computers High Tech Trading Ltd, Kent, UK
- Smithdown Computers, Liverpool, UK
- Snowdon Computers Ltd, Online Trader
- Fizz Time aka Electricbuy, Online Trader
“It’s estimated that 35 million PCs are refurbished and resold with software each year,” Microsoft said.
More Info: Download