Deployment 4 is the code name for the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007 and unifies the tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment into a common deployment console and collection of guidance. For the thousands of IT professionals already trained on BDD 2007, Deployment 4 requires minimal extra training to perform large-scale Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 deployments, while offering a further enhanced desktop deployment experience. Deployment 4 adds integration with recently released Microsoft deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and deployment, including:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Operating System Deployment
- Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Windows Deployment Services with new multicast technology
- Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- User State Migration Tool 3.0.1
- Windows Server 2008 Server Manager for automated server role definition (coming soon)
Deployment 4 Beta 3 combines the guidance and toolset from previous releases of Business Desktop Deployment and Beta releases of Windows Server Deployment. This release continues to support Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) of desktop operating systems using Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 with the Operating System Deployment Feature Pack and adds new deployment and task sequencing capabilities for desktops and servers using System Center Configuration Manager 2007. Deployment 4 also continues to provide Lite Touch Installation (LTI) support without infrastructure requirements and adds capabilities for Windows Server 2003 and pre-release versions of Windows Server 2008.
Where to Find Deployment 4 Beta 3
Deployment 4 Beta 3 is part of the Windows Server 2008 Beta and TAP Programs. It is also available as an open beta download.
To join Deployment 4 beta 3 program, follow these steps:
- 1. Visit the Microsoft Connect Web site (http://connect.microsoft.com).
2. Click Invitations on the Connect menu.
3. You will need to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID before you can continue to the Invitations page.
4. Enter your Invitation ID in the box. Your invitation ID is: BDDP-QMYH-VWTH
5. Click Go.
6. If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before you continue with the invitation process.
Microsoft, Deployment 4, Beta, Business Desktop Deployment 2007, BDD 2007, Software, Download
Source:→ Arlindo’s Blog – IT Pro Evangelist