Starting tomorrow, December 24 at 2:00am EST, you an track Santa using any of the following methods, as he journeys around the world delivering presents to children in more than 200 countries and territories:
- See Santa on a Google Map: On your PC or laptop, visit NORAD Santa, choose your preferred language. You’ll see a large Map on the page displaying Santa’s current location and his next stop. Click the video icons to watch “Santa Cam” videos, and click the gift icons to learn more about each city.
Here’re a few tips to help you follow Santa’s route:
- Count down the minutes to his next stop!
- A trail of sparkles will highlight Santa’s recent stops
- Watch videos from each of Santa’s stops by clicking on the video icon
- Zoom into a location to explore more. Change map types using the buttons in the top righthand section of the screen.
- Browse Panoramio photos for a location by clicking on the present icon. For more images, click See more photos at Panoramio.com inside the information balloon.
- To read Wikipedia articles about a particular location, click Read more about this location inside a video or photo information balloon.
- Toggle on full screen mode to see Santa on a larger map.
Watch the bottom of the screen to count down the minutes to Santa’s next stop, and track how many gifts he has delivered to each location.
Try using the navigation tools to fly around the areas near Santa’s stops. To return to tracking Santa, click Follow Santa in the top right hand corner of the screen.
About tracking Santa with Earth plugin:
- Just like in Maps, there’ll be multimedia content, including Panoramio photos and YouTube videos available while tracking Santa using Earth plugin.
- Santa can only be tracked using Earth plugin on NORAD Tracks Santa site. There’s no KML to allow you to track santa in the desktop version of Earth