In the latest round of “CyanogenMod,” the developers have released new launcher identified as ‘Trebuchet’, is destined to appear in the Cyanogen builds of Ice Cream Sandwich.
For those now aware, “CyanogenMod has always been one of the most popular aftermarket ROMs for Android phone.”
Trebuchet, still only in alpha, offers plenty of features. At present, Trebuchet runs only on devices with Android 4.0.3, and they also need to be rooted. With its list of features, however, Trebuchet could become a popular choice even outside of the CyanogenMod ROMs, assuming people update to Ice Cream Sandwich.
Here is the current features list of the Trebuchet:
- Custom number of home screens
- Enable and disable persistent search bar
- Separate apps and widgets in app drawer
- Show and fade scrolling indicator in both home screen and drawer
- App sort in drawer (eg. size, install date, etc.)
- Widget resizing
- Auto-rotation of launcher and toggle
- Infinite Scrolling
- Dock (Custom pages and size)
- Transition Effects (Homescreen and Drawer)
- Backup and Restore
Here are some screens:
If you want to give it a try, you can download it from the XDA developers forum.