There’re many freeware / paid utility softwares available to zip/unzip/create self-extracting package for files & folders. Microsoft Windows comes with a handy tool for us to create self-extracting package.
Here’re the steps:
- Go to start —> run —> type “iexpress“.
- This will open an IExpress wizard, choose “create new self extraction directive file” and press next.
- Select “extract files only” and press next, and enter a package name.
- After you name package, press next, until you asked to add files into your package.
- Add files/folders, and press next to continue.
- Press Next for the following dialog boxes. After that, provide target path and filename for your package, and you can choose to either create a Self Extraction Directive file or not.
- That’s it. Next click the filename.exe to etract.