As you may know, System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2 is now released.
The OS Deployment PM team has posted about PXE Setup and Boot Image Management. Here’s an excerpt from their intro:
“In a previous post, I talked a little about the changes to the distribution point and integration of PXE services. In this post I want to go into some more details and the setup and management of PXE service starting in Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2.
Initial Setup of PXE services: As I mentioned in my last post, PXE is no longer a site role. So enabling PXE is no longer completed through the Create Roles wizard and selecting PXE Service Point. The setup of the PXE service point…………………”
This post go into some more details and the setup and management of PXE service starting in Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2.
To enable the prestart command for a specific boot image, from the property pages perform the following steps:
- Select Customization tab
- Select Enable prestart command checkbox
- Enter custom command line you would like to run.
- If you need to include some custom files, select the Include files for the prestart command checkbox.
- Specify UNC path for the files that you would like to add to the boot image.
- When you’re complete, click OK.
- You’ll be prompted with Distribution Point Update Required, select Yes and complete the Manage Distribution Points Wizard.
Just like that the prestart command is part of the boot image.