Back in March, Google started working on a Metro-style Chrome desktop browser, that run in both the Metro and desktop environments of Windows 8 on x86. Today, the Chrome team released the Chorme Metro, “if you’re running the Release Preview of Windows 8, you’ll be able to try Chrome in Metro mode in the next Chrome Dev channel release by setting it as your default browser,” the team stated.
Note: Chrome won’t run in WinRT, i.e. Windows 8 on ARM processors, “as Microsoft is not allowing browsers other than Internet Explorer on the platform,” the adds.
The initial releases of Chrome in Metro mode will include integration with the basic Windows 8 system functionality, such as charms and snap view.
Over the next few months, Google says they’ll be smoothing out the UI on Metro and improving touch support.
You can download Chrome Metro from the dev channel.
In other Google news,
Google Analytics team today posted a new episode of Web Analytics TV, in which they fileded questions from Dubai, India, Germany, Sweden, France, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, and the US and dicsussed following under mentioned. “Ninja of the Episode” was awarded to Eric from Ontario for a question about calculating the economic value of conversions in Google Analytics.
- (2:42) Reasons for self referrals on mobile websites
- (5:13) Where to find keywords for (not provided)
- (7:14) Reporting when the same user completes a sequence of tasks
- (8:38) How is social media determined in social reports
- (10:18) What happens when you send more data than the monthly cap
- (12:24) How paths show up when opening up new tabs or windows
- (13:23) How converting on multiple goals are reported in goal funnels
- (15:12) Why sampling occurs on profiles that filter out lots of traffic
- (16:50) Tracking purchases across domains
- (19:46) Can social referrals be tracked using campaign tracking parameters
- (20:53) How advanced segments work when applied to landing pages
- (23:00) The difference between the visitor and unique visitor metric
- (24:50) When will the mobile SDK be updated to have non-interaction events
- (25:50) The difference between product revenue and revenue
- (27:52) What are good tactics to find the economic value of goal conversions