At the AT&T Developer Summit, at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas — AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets President and CEO Ralph de la Vega unveiled five smartphones and one tablet powered by 4G LTE and the Android platform that are planned for availability from AT&T in early 2012.
The new LTE Android smartphones includes: Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, Samsung Exhilarate, Sony Xperia ion, exclusively from AT&T, with availability planned for second quarter of 2012.
And, Pantech CMO S. Jay Yim announced the first LTE-connected Android tablet under $300, the Pantech Element, planned for availability on Jan. 22. He also introduced the Pantech Burst, a consumer-oriented device for under $50 that is designed to help make 4G LTE devices more affordable to customers.
Samsung Note, Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD and Exhilarate
- Samsung Galaxy Note featuring the largest screen on a smartphone, the Galaxy Note boasts the world’s first 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED screen(1280×800) for sharp, clear colors and readability – both indoors and out. Galaxy Note also features the S Pen, the most advanced pen input technology, featuring an array of leading qualities including pressure sensitivity, preciseness, speed and more.
The Samsung Galaxy Note is planned for availability in AT&T stores and online in the coming weeks.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD is an elegantly designed and highly functional 4G LTE smartphone that features a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, as well as a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for ultra-smooth game play and video playback.
Planned for availability in the coming months, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD
- Samsung Exhilarate is constructed from 80 percent recycled post-consumer materials and features eco modes and tools such as an Eco calendar and calculator.
The Exhilarate also boasts a four-inch touchscreen Super AMOLED display, front and rear facing cameras, voice recognition and access to AT&T U-verse® Live TV.
In addition, the Samsung Exhilarate was certified as Platinum by UL Environment – their highest level of sustainability certification. This is AT&T’s second device to receive this certification.
Planned for availability in the coming months.
Sony Xperia ion is the first-ever 4G LTE smartphone and first smartphone to be sold under the Sony brand in the U.S. Slated to launch in the second quarter, the Xperia ion from Sony is ideal for those looking for the ultimate smartphone viewing and listening experience.
Xperia ion will support access to the richest entertainment experiences from Sony Entertainment Network. Music Unlimited offers a global catalog of more than 12 million unique songs, while Video Unlimited has the latest Hollywood blockbusters and TV shows from all major studios. Xperia ion is also PlayStation Certified, delivering a high quality smartphone gaming experience. Consumers will be able to access this content across Sony devices, including televisions, computers and tablets. Other features include Android 2.3, a 4.6-inch HD display, a 12-megapixel camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile, and a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing.
Pantech Element and Burst Tablets
- Pantech Element is an affordable tablet, will be available exclusively in AT&T company-owned stores and online for $299.99 with a two-year contract, with planned availability on January 22. The Element is Pantech’s first LTE-connected Android tablet, and is waterproof, greatly improving portability and usability.
The Element runs on Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) and includes a crisp 8-inch display, front and rear-facing cameras, and a rich web experience with full HTML and PC-like tabbed browsing.
- Pantech Burst planned for January 22 in AT&T company-owned stores and online, the value-oriented Burst will be the first 4G LTE smartphone from Pantech in AT&T’s device portfolio. The Burst combines 4G LTE speeds, a 4-inch Super AMOLED display and Android functionality in a slim, affordable package – just $49.99 with a two-year contract. It will be available in two color choices, titanium or ruby red.