Microsoft Business Intelligence team is offering downloads of the “Calendar Analytics” app for free. The PowerPivot application retrieves meeting and other information from Exchange and presents it in a simple, easy-to-read dashboard they can use to analyze (and sometimes even change) how the executive uses his time compared to his priorities.
Calendar Analytics allows them to connect to their Microsoft Exchange Calendar and get dashboard views on meeting statistics inside Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
With this FREE add-in, you can:
- Automatically retrieve time spent in calendar.
- Drive ad-hoc analysis of your meeting times by day, by hour, by categories and business priorities.
- View information about past meetings and future scheduled events.
- Customize your views (using slicers, DAX formulas or reference tables).
- Access this analysis for yourself and anyone who shares their calendar full details with you.
Casey, who has beta tested Calendar Analytics for more than a month along with people such as Eric Swift, general manager of Microsoft SharePoint, said the first few summaries of his calendar showed him he wasn’t necessarily spending his time the way he wanted to be, allocation-wise.
Download: Calendar Analytics Tool
[Source: Microsoft Press]