RIM has just released a new version of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS to all BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users – BlackBerry PlayBook OS v188.8.131.5285.
“This update includes a security update for Adobe Flash Player, as noted in Adobe Security Bulletin APSB-11-28, which addresses issues that can potentially affect any PC, tablet, or other device with an operating system that supports Adobe Flash,” revealed BlackBeryy.
“While there are no known reports of any BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users being affected by these Adobe Flash Player issues, we (as always) encourage all BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users to update to the newest version of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS.”
BlackBerry PlayBook OS v184.108.40.20685 contains the following fixes and updates:
- Updated version of Adobe Flash Player version 11.1 and Adobe AIR 3.1
- Daylight savings time updates for time zones in the regions of Latin America, Australia and Central America
- Updated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi software to help to improve connectivity
- Fixed issues some users were experiencing with account payments in the BlackBerry App World storefront
- Improved synching when restoring applications with BlackBerry Desktop Software
This free update can be downloaded over-the-air (OTA) from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
Existing BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users will automatically receive a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet status ribbon, or they can check for the software update at any time in the settings menu under “Software Updates”.
Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after Thursday November 24th, 2011 will automatically be updated to v220.127.116.1185 or later as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet setup process.