Research in Motion (RIM) launched “BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365,” a new service for business and government organizations to extend Microsoft Exchange Online to BlackBerry smartphones and self-manage their BlackBerry deployments in the cloud.
The service ensures people have industry-leading business collaboration tools while on the go and provides mobile access to email, calendaring and organizer data with Exchange Online. The RIM-hosted version of the service is taking the place of the Microsoft-hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Service for Office 365 Standard users. Microsoft will continue offering a Microsoft-hosted version of BES for Office 365 Dedicated users only.
The new RIM-hosted, cloud-based service offers powerful administration and flexible smartphone self-service features to support an organization’s BlackBerry management strategy. It’s available at no additional charge to current medium-sized or enterprise subscribers of the Office 365 suite or standalone Exchange Online and works with BlackBerry smartphones on business or consumer data plans.
Some of the key features include:
- Integration within the Office 365 Administrative Portal for easy management
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Exchange Online email, calendar and organizer data from a BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry® BalanceTM technology, which presents a unified view of work and personal content on a BlackBerry smartphone while keeping the content separate and secure
- An intuitive, web-based console for IT administrators to provision, manage and secure BlackBerry smartphones from anywhere
- Online access to employee self-service smartphone security functions, allowing users to easily reset a device password or remotely lock or wipe a device in the event of loss or theft
- BlackBerry security and encryption as well as device manageability
For more information, visit BlackBerry Business Cloud Services page.