Bitly has rolled out a brand new cross-platform bitly mobile site, to allow tablet and smartphone users to shorten, share and track links on the go. The HTML5 optimized version of Bitly’s webite works on a variety of devices, including the iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Just pick up your favorite (smart)phone or tablet, navigate over to bit.ly, j.mp or bitly.com, and behold the newness.
Similar to Bit.ly’s destop web site, you can shorten, share and track links.
But the mobile site includes a number of mobile-centric features that make the site easier to use:
- If you try to shorten a link while your device isn’t connected to Internet, that link will automatically be saved for later and shortened when your connection is restored
- Hold down on any link in your bitly history to open that link, open it in a new window, or copy the short URL to your clipboard
- Pull down on the screen to refresh your bitly history instantly
- As you browse through your history, up to 100 recent links are cached on your phone, so you can access your bitly links even if you aren’t connected to Internet
- Set up bitly as a homescreen web clip on your iPhone
- Preview contents of any bitly link, including video hosted on major sites such as Vimeo and YouTube
- Get detailed “n” pretty analytics for any bitly link, rendered for your enjoyment using HTML5 magics
- Immediately access a QR code for any bitly link
- Pull down the screen to refresh click counts and analytics instantly.