Bing team introduced “Bing for iPad” today — that offer a unique and visually rich way to search the Web. The app is designed to help you quickly browse news, movies, Bing homepage images, local business listings and much more — all with the swipe of your finger.
- Trends lets you explore the latest trends on Bing. Use the touch screen interface to see what people are searching for right now. Tap on any trend to learn more about what it is and why it’s popular.
- You can get all the latest information about movies, watch trailers, find a theater close to you, or see show times and buy tickets without leaving the comfort of your couch.
- Bing for iPad app provides multiple map views (including road, aerial and birds eye) to help you find businesses and destinations and save to your address book or calendar, get turn-by-turn directions, search real-time transit info, and much more.
- You can get weather alerts and 10-day or hourly forecasts for your current location, powered by MSN Weather. Save up to five cities using the Save Location feature for quick access to the weather report for your favorite spots.
- With Bing’s Voice Search, just say what you’re searching for and Bing will find it. Bing’s autosuggest feature helps you refine your search by providing suggestions based on your recent searches and related searches done by other people. And when searching for a popular topic, Bing provides the most relevant answer up top, complete with quick links to help you complete your task faster.
Check out this video of the app in action:
Download the app form the iTune App Store.
[Source: Bing blog]