Bing for business in private preview is a new intelligent search experience, which uses artificial intelligence (AI) and Microsoft Graph, to deliver search results to employees based on the organizational context, be it enterprise, school, or organization.
This new search will intelligently and securely search enterprises’ resources such as company data, people, documents, sites and locations, as well as public web results, and display them in a unified search results experience. This, of course, can be use across any browser, on any device within the organization.
Bing for business, which was released on Monday, at the Ignite Conference in Orlando, will reach general availability next year. It’s available today, to all Office 365 and Microsoft 365 customers, as part of existing subscriptions to Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, E5, F1, Business Essentials, Business Premium, and Education E5 subscriptions.
Here is an example Bing for business search for “Thomas” returns employee information:
In this example, you can see a search related to scheduling “time off”:
Here is a list of Bing for businesses key features:
- Enterprise Bookmarks provide fastest way to find sites, tools and other information within an enterprise. Bookmarks can range from timely topics with a short life span like a company event to more permanent bookmarks, such as linking to the internal time and reporting tool.
- People Search help quickly find a person and understand their role within the company, like who they work for, what they are working on, there location and also help get directions through integrated building and office floor maps.
- Organizational Chart quickly help understand person’s place within the company and further browse their peers, management and direct reports.
- Building and Floor Plans let quickly find you way or locate where a colleague is sitting or learn your way around a new building.
- Document Search lets search and find contextual and relevant documents saved on SharePoint and other sources within Microsoft Graph.
- Office 365 Groups let you explore Groups a person belongs to as part of people search and browse their contents. Additionally, they will be able to search for groups by their name.
- Bing for business Industry News is a personalized newsfeed on Bing.com, helping you make timely, informed decisions.
- Management and Analytics help IT admins quickly configure, create bookmarks and define the search triggers, words or phrases. IT admins will also have a better understanding on how people within the organization are searching the web.
To try out the feature, you can request an invitation to participate in the private preview here.