Bing Ads to help marketers boost their business has added two new features enhanced feed management and optimization of Bing Shopping Campaigns. With the new “online inventory update feed,” Bing Ads price and availability updates can be sent as they happen.
Next up, to help managing feed updates, Bing has added scheduling to automatic feed downloads. As well as the new offer-level search term report, now providing marketers more insights to help optimize their product titles.
“Online product inventory update feed” helps in reducing processing time for frequently changing products attributes, as well as it makes feed management easier, as you’ll now send updates only for product offers that are changing.
With this new feed advertisers can keep their product information fresh at all times, as product attributes such as price, availability and sale price, can now be easily update. “You also have the flexibility in deciding if you want to update price, availability or both,” said bing team.
“Start sending us update feeds, we’ll update it for you, and have the latest data available for searchers in no time.”
By the end of March, advertisers can start submitting online product inventory update feed via FTP or manually from Bing Merchant Center, says bing team. The “main product feed” can be use to submit product data offers at least every 30 days.
Follow these steps to set up a download schedule (verbatim):
- Click the store name and then the Catalog settings tab.
- Under Catalog feed file, click Automatically download file from URL.
- Enter Source URL. For example, https://www.contoso.com/feeds/bingmerchant.txt.
- Select the download frequency, day, time, and time zone.
- If required, enter User name and Password.
- Optional: Check Download now if you want to download the feed file immediately upon saving the schedule.
- Optional: Check Pause schedule if you want to pause the scheduled feed for now.
- Click Save.
Automatic feed download, that help in submitting product data to Bing Merchant Center—now has a new “scheduling” frequency options daily, weekly or monthly, so the Bing Merchant Center can download product feed at the time specified. “Once a schedule has been set, Bing Merchant Center will download the feed, process it and have it ready to be shown on Bing Ads.”
All these options can be found along with the automatic download setting in Bing Merchant Center.
The new Search term report at product offer level, gives the visibility into the “exact queries that triggered Product Ads at the item ID level.” As of now, this search term report is only available at campaign, ad group and keyword levels, the team said.
“When a Bing Shopping Campaigns, you don’t bid on keywords. Instead Bing Ads looks at the product feed from Bing Merchant Center and matches it with queries relevant to a product. So, to get more insights into which queries were triggering which ads, this new report comes to help.”
Summary of the major benefits of this new report include:
- Easily pinpoint which queries are resulting in untargeted visitors and higher costs, and the products that are being mapped to them.
- Optimize your product titles. After ensuring that you’re submitting a clean feed, the second most important optimization that you can do is ensure that the titles of your products are relevant to the search queries. Product titles are among the most important factors influencing the performance of your campaign, and sometimes simple but informed changes to the titles can have a significant impact on your overall performance.